Brand Crush: Vivetta Resort 2016 Collection Lookbook


ALL PHOTOS TAKEN FROM STYLE DOT COM C/O VIVETTA

Be still, my kitten heart! Vivetta's Resort 2016 Collection debuted last week, and I am completely blown away. I've been obsessively tagging all of my fashion enthusiast friends on Facebook with sentiments like "THIS COLLECTION CHANGED MY LIFE" or "I CAN'T STOP THINKING ABOUT THAT SWAN SKIRT, SEND MONEY PLZ!"


Vivetta is an Italian fashion label based out of Milan created by Vivetta Ponti.  I learned recently that she previously worked at the fashion house Roberto Cavalli (!!) and credits that experience as inspiring her to start her own clothing line with an emphasis on iconic embroidery, most famously the hand collar popularized a few years ago.  She also really likes animals, which inspires a lot of her work such as the swan details pictured above.  For Resort 2016, she credits the socialites of the 60s and the photography of Slim Aarons as a major catalyst for the collection.
Ponti recruited renowned stylist Leith Clark (my favorite fashion stylist currently working) to find the balance of posh and weird:  the combination of the striking details in the embroidery, the incorporation of pastels paired with bold colors and the graphic elements present in the designs ooze nostalgia while simultaneously maintaining a fashion-forward vibe ideal for the retail circuit.  Now if only I had expendable funds... T_T (More photos of the collection can be found on the Style.com website.)

'Til next time, kittens!




1 comment

  1. Oh my gosh. I am loving it. This collection is vibrant & has a folk store feel to it. :]

    // ▲ itsCarmen.com ▲

    ReplyDelete

Back to Top